Food Truck Business Plan- Requirements, Chef, Cost, Profit
Hello Friends, today we’ll discuss about Food truck Business Plan. If you want to open such business then after reading this article you get all the information about the Food truck Business Plan. In this article you get the information about how to start this business, its total cost, profit, Requirements and all information about this business. If you are interested in this business then it is a good time to start.
What is Food Truck Business?
Food truck Business usually operate (cooking and selling) in very small areas. There is no doubt that the food truck business is growing at the rate of 9 percent every year. Apart from this, this business has only started recently in India, so there is less competition in the market at this time. Due to which you can run your food truck business easily.
Why start a food truck business?
- This business has started recently in India.
- So, there is Less competition in this business.
- Take small space to operate.
- Easily manageable.
- Less manpower required
Although it may seem daunting to start a food business in India, the following points will guide you thoroughly through the process of opening a Food Truck Business in India:
- Choosing the right Food Truck or Commercial Vehicle
- Choose the Right location for your Food Truck
- Get the kitchen equipment and raw materials required in a food truck
- Apply for licenses and permits needed to start a food truck business in India
- Look for the workforce required to run the food truck smoothly
- Install POS software for your food truck
- Decide on the staff uniform for your food truck employees
- Market your business
- Decide on the total investment required to start a food truck business in India
- Other miscellaneous things required to keep your food truck business in India, on the mark
Right Location for your food truck:
- Choose a street that doesn’t have too many similar food vendors around
- Regular flow of traffic for inviting large footfalls.
- Establishments with young professionals and students in the surrounding area.
Choose The Right Food Truck Or Commercial Vehicle:
- Based on the given menu which is Italian and Continental
- Choose your vehicle of any company Tata, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland etc
- 2nd hand Vehicle
- If you buying 2nd hand or old commercial then you have to check
- Proper fitness certificate.
- Road tax receipt
- Vehicle age not less than 10 years
Also Read: How to setup an Oxygen Plant?
Kitchen Equipment And Raw Materials:
Microwave, juicer mixer, freezer, refrigerators, stoves, griller, steamer, working tables, one/two burner, exhaust equipment, Cooking equipment, food raw materials(depends on your food truck menu)generator or big batteries with an inverter.
Licenses & Permits Food Truck Business in India:
- Fire Safety Certificate
- Shop and Establishment License
- NOC from RTO
- NOC from Municipal Corporation
- FSSAI Mobile Vendor’s License
- Kitchen Insurance
Food Truck Business Plan Related Video:
Investment for Food Truck Business Plan:
If you want to start Food Truck Business Plan then you have to invest approx 5 lakh to 10 lakh depends on the nature of food you’ll serve from your food truck. Bifurcate investment are given below:
- A Commercial vehicle cost : Rs 2 lakh – 10 lakh.
- Fabrication (bodybuilder shop)= 1 Lakh.
- The total cost of kitchen equipment, Chairs & tables = Rs 2 lakhs.
- Raw material for 2 week: Rs 30,000.(It may vary).
- License & Permits cost: Rs 50,000.
- Menu Displayed, Uniform Dress, Water & 2 Dustbin cost = Rs 10,000.
Manpower Required For Your Food Truck
- Two Chef
- One Helper
- Delivery Boy (For Home delivery)
Monthly Expenditure in Food Truck Business Plan:
|SlNo.||Particulars||Amount in (Rs)|
1. Chef (1 Nos)= 13,000/-
2. Worker = 8000
3. Delivery boy= 6000
|2.||Raw Material (Flexible)||50,000|
|3.||Water, other miscellaneous||10,000|
POS Software For Your Food Truck:
It is always advisable to have good point of sale which can keep your data safe and give detailed information about your inventory and sales.
Staff Uniform For Your Food Truck Employees:
The staff uniform gives an overall brand feel to the restaurant business which will in return help you gain more trust among the customer. The combined cost of all the uniforms would not be more than Rs 6000-7000.
How To Do Marketing Of Your Food Truck Business?
Tie-ups with event planners, personal contacts with customers, and free goodies like t-shirts and mugs carrying the food truck logo, can go a long way in spreading and expanding the restaurant business.
Marketing is a key of success of any business. So, good marketing and promotions will decide the success of your business. You can promote your food truck business plan, both online and offline.
- Build your own brand, website/ App.
- Tie up with online food delivery like swiggy, zomato etc.
- You can run online ads in social media like Instagram, Facebook, google etc.
- Get food reviewers and bloggers to your truck
- Distribute pamphlets, and use printed posters cut-outs & advertisements.
- Tie-ups with event planners, personal contacts with customers.
- Local Newspaper
- You can advertise you food truck business plan in a toto(e-rickshaw) for a day.
Cost of Food truck in India:
To build a decent food truck, you will have to spend at least 1 lakh, apart from the cost of buying a vehicle separately. On the other hand, if you buy a ready made food truck, you may have to incur an expenditure of Rs 3 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
Where to buy food truck in India ?
If you want to buy Food truck online then you can visit https://dir.indiamart.com/ and www.customconcessionsusa.com to buy your favorite Food truck. But, you can also design the food truck yourself, but for that you will have to buy each equipment separately. However, you can get these equipment both online and offline. And let me clear one thing that you can also buy these truck offline or design by yourself.
Other Things Required To Start A Food Truck Business In India:
Apart from the things mentioned above, while starting the food truck, you require things like two mobile phones, a calculator, an attendance register, a daily book, 2-3 big dustbins to keep the area clean, etc.
Apart from the regular business which has a minimum Rs 8000-9000 sales per day, a food truck can also make money from various events and catering. A single event or catering can generate earnings up to Rs 30,000 in a day.
Unlike other food business formats, the food truck business has its pros and cons, such as the location which is a problem for other formats but here the owner of the food truck can decide the site based on the market information and research, with no rent to be paid, no electricity bills, less capital required and low operational costs.
Points to keep in mind in Food Truck Business Plan:
- Your vehicle should be maintained properly.
- Quality and taste of your food must be good.
- Hire best chef for your food truck business according to your menu category and Train them in good manner.
- Business owners must be very mindful of kitchen hygiene, air pollution levels, and food waste management.
- Here is a small checklist of health and hygiene pointers:
- Make use of chimneys to control air pollution.
- Conduct a check on the food waste twice a day and keep the cooking area clean.
- Ensure that your staff maintains good sanitation.
- Keep a few dustbins near the food truck.
- Keep in mind. the management of food truck business must be great.
- Initially, don’t invest more amount in advertisement use low marketing skill.
If you need any help from our team then please fill the contact form our team will contact you soon. And if you like this post then please share this post.