Baskin Robbins Franchise- Requirements, Cost, Profit, Applying Process:
Ice creams are all-time favorite thing for everyone; from kid to old people everyone loves ice cream all over the world. Ice cream has become the center of attraction of all parties. If you want to start your own business in food industry then taking franchise of any ice cream brand is very good option. One of the leading brands of ice cream is Baskin Robbins.
It provides unique and special kinds of ice cream to the people. Now BR is looking for franchise partner to bring more flavors, more good times, to new markets. If any investor willing to share this interest for this product and convey this to the people then it is time to join the Baskin Robbins Franchise. In this article, we will get information of eligibility, investment and how to get the franchise.
Company History & Details:
Baskin Robbins is one of the world’s most popular brands of ice cream and the world’s biggest ice cream specialty chain. The first shop of Baskin Robbins was opened in California, USA in 1945. The company was founded in 1945 by Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins, and since then it has expanded to become one of the largest ice cream chains in the world, with over 8,000 locations in 50 countries. Baskin-Robbins stores all over the world introduced world-class Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake, and also the local top class products like Green Tea and Rum Raisin.
Baskin Robbins has a strong brand value all over the world. The cooperation and partnership of BR franchisee and licensees make the business successful. With the collaboration of the franchise BR is increasing its network and positioning on top.
Advantages of Baskin Robbins franchise:
In India ice cream industry is one of the rapidly growing vertical and it generates profit consistently every year. Baskin Robbins one of the leading brand and people love to go to the outlet, spend some time and enjoy ice cream. If you want to set up Baskin Robbins ice cream parlor then you can get following advantages-
- It is one of the largest International ice cream brands providing franchise in India.
- You can start with a low investment with high ROI.
- It is a successful franchise model providing franchise since 1993.
- It provides detail training and support.
- Flexible business models are available.
- The operation of the outlet is simple.
- BR introduces new products and flavors, so there are many unique products are available always.
- Provides support from the company from start to end.
- The company helps to open store and supply chain process.
- The parent company always guides and provides all types of solutions to run the shop properly.
- The company helps in designing and construction of the store.
- Company helps in promotional work for the brand locally, regionally and nationally.
Baskin Robbins Franchise Model:
In India Baskin Robbins has started the franchise model from 1993. Baskin Robbins ice creams are manufactured at its own plant in Pune. It takes license from Baskin Robbins International.
There are three franchise models are available. The investor can invest in any one of the three franchise models by collaborating with Baskin Robbins. The models are-
- Baskin Robbins Kiosk
- Baskin Robbins Parlor
- Baskin Robbins Lounge
Requirements for a Baskin Robbins franchise:
- The company looks for dedicated business owners that are enthusiastic about the franchisees product offering.
- Baskin Robbins is a reputed brand that serves yummy and testy products to millions of clients all over the world, so the owner must be careful about the quality of the products.
- All franchise partners should share the parent organization’s desires and values.
- The franchise owner must give enough time to take training and required consultation pre- and post opening of the outlet.
- The entrepreneurs should be capable for investing initially and ongoing expenses.
Baskin Robbins franchise Cost in India:
Baskin Robbins is present in almost 200 cities in India and it has more than 750 exclusive outlets in India. Here are some data regarding the Baskin Robbins franchise cost in India. It is an approximate investment chart; the investment varies as per the size of the shop. It does not include cost of the space or space rent, let’s look at the table below-
|Fee||BR Kiosk||BR Parlour||BR Lounge|
|Investment||Rs.11 lakh||Rs.13 lakh||Rs.18 lakh|
|Gross Margin||50%||46-48 %||52%|
|Equipment and Furniture||Rs.274000||Rs.320000 + 40000||Rs.501379 + 150000|
|Local Purchase items||Rs.20000||Rs.20000||Rs.20000|
|Franchise Fee (Includes store opening, marketing, project, consultancy and training fees)||Rs.500000||Rs.400000||Rs.400000|
|Service Tax||As applicable||As applicable||As applicable|
|Total Investment (Approximately)||Rs.1128000||Rs.1226000||Rs.1806209|
Space Required for Baskin Robbins Outlet:
There are three types of franchise models and each model needs following space for the outlet, they are as follows-
- Baskin Robbins Kiosk
It can be established in a premise with approximately 150 square feet in the prime location. The frontage needs to be in the range of more than 10 feet.
- Baskin Robbins Parlor
Baskin Robbins parlor requires 250 square feet in the main area of any city and frontage of more than 12 feet.
- Baskin Robbins Lounge
Baskin Robbins Lounge can be established in an area of 500 square feet with the frontage of 15 feet in the main area of the city.
Documents required for the Baskin Robbins Franchise:
Baskin Robbins ice cream Franchise is one of the most demanding franchise chains in India. Here we have listed some documents that are required to get the ice cream Franchise. They are as follows:
- Standard franchise agreement
- FSSAI Licence
- GST registration
- Rental agreement
- PAN and Aadhar card details
Baskin Robbins franchise Profits and Margin:
The profit margin depends upon the area and type of shop. Baskin Robbins offers various types of franchise model. The gross sales of each Baskin Robbins shop is approximately 3,44,12716 rupees every year. The proprietor of the franchise is supposed to make 20% of profit. So a Baskin Robbins franchisee’s pay is roughly between INR 68,98,920 to INR 2,29,96400.
Baskin Robbins franchise profit depends upon numerous components, including area type, proprietor’s abilities and capacities, time investing in the franchise. Baskin Robbins is a good option for franchise.
The return on investment depends upon the franchise type and location. Generally it takes about 3 years from the establishment of the shop.
Know the business model of Baskin Robbins Franchise:
Baskin Robbins is a popular ice cream franchise that operates on a franchise business model. The franchise system is designed to allow individuals to own and operate their own Baskin Robbins store while leveraging the brand, systems, and support of the parent company.
As a franchisee, individuals will be responsible for financing the initial investment, which includes the cost of the franchise fee, store construction or renovation, equipment, inventory, and other start-up costs. Once the store is operational, the franchisee is required to pay ongoing royalties and marketing fees to the parent company.
In return for this investment, the franchisee receives access to the Baskin Robbins brand, marketing materials, product innovation, training and support. This includes initial and ongoing training for franchisees and their employees, product research and development, supply chain management, and a national advertising campaign.
The Baskin Robbins franchise model is designed to help franchisees succeed by providing a proven business model, extensive support, and a recognizable brand. However, success is ultimately dependent on the individual franchisee’s ability to manage the day-to-day operations, market the store to the local community, and deliver high-quality products and customer service.
Baskin Robbins franchise Pros and Cons:
If you want to open a Baskin Robbins franchise, you need to do market research and know the pros and cons of this franchise. here are some pros and cons given below:
- Established brand: Baskin-Robbins is a well-known and beloved brand with a loyal customer base.
- Wide variety of products: The chain offers a huge variety of ice cream flavors, as well as other products like cakes and frozen beverages.
- Training and support: Baskin-Robbins provides extensive training and support to franchisees, including on-site training and ongoing marketing assistance.
- Low start-up costs: Compared to some other franchise opportunities, the start-up costs for a Baskin-Robbins franchise are relatively low.
- Royalty fees: As with any franchise, Baskin-Robbins franchisees must pay ongoing royalty fees to the parent company.
- Limited creativity: As a franchisee, you’ll be required to adhere to the company’s standards and menu offerings, which may limit your ability to be creative or innovative.
- Competition: The ice cream market is highly competitive, and you’ll be competing with other chains as well as independent ice cream shops.
Franchise Training and Support by Baskin Robbins:
Baskin Robbins provides following support-
- Business development- The Company helps in selection of site, negotiate and consult on behalf of the franchise business owner.
- Projects- Company helps from store construction, designs, cooperate with the contractors and interior designers; supervise the work progress till completion of the store set-up.
- Operational support- Company has a professional operation team for new established business. The team provides all types of operational support to the franchise.
- Technological support- Company provides hardware and software support. They installed the latest software in the franchisees computer and gives software operational training. They help in sales and promotional analysis.
- Distribution– Baskin Robbins has own manufacturing unit in India. It has professional cold supply chains and also distributes stocks.
- Various training- Baskin Robbins provides different training to business owners and staffs to run the business successfully. They give operational and new product launch training time to time.
How to apply for the Baskin Robbins Franchise ?
If you want to take Baskin Robbins Franchise and don’t know how to contact them then follow the steps-
- At first go to the official site of Baskin Robbins or Click Here.
- After clocking this link an online application form will be opened.
- Fill the form properly then submit the form.
- After that the company will contact you for further formalities.
- You can directly call or contact company situated in Mumbai. The phone number and address has given below.
Baskin Robbins Contact Details:
If you want to take Baskin Robbins Franchise and there is any query then you may contact to the company via given details as I’ve mentioned below:
Graviss Foods Pvt Ltd.
Address: Strand Cinema Building , C.S. No. 506 Of Colaba Division, Arthur Bunder Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400005
Phone number- 022-6251-3131
Factory Address- Pimpri Chinchwad Industrial area, Bhosadi, Pune.
There are also regional offices of Baskin Robbins present at Noida, Bangalore and Pune.
Baskin Robbins franchise can be a good opportunity for individuals who are looking to take a ice cream franchise and want to do their own business. While the initial costs and ongoing fees can be significant, Baskin Robbins provides extensive training and support to help franchisees succeed. All information provided in this blog is just for the brand-related and franchise related direction and information to the reader. The blog is all about the process of getting the franchise of Baskin Robbins. If you are energetic and excited about the food and drinks industry and have a passion for ice cream industry then the Baskin Robbins franchise is a great choice.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Question):
Q. What is Baskin Robbins Franchise ?
Ans: Baskin-Robbins franchise is an opportunity for individuals to own and operate their own ice cream store under the Baskin-Robbins brand. As a franchisee, you would be responsible for the day-to-day operations of your store, while Baskin-Robbins provides training, marketing, and ongoing operational support. The franchisees pay an initial franchise fee and ongoing royalties and advertising fees based on their store’s gross sales.
Q. What is the unique thing about Baskin Robbins ?
Ans: It is the only ice cream chain of in the world which has”31 flavors” concept. The thought behind the concept is you can have a unique and different flavor for each day of the month.
Q. What are the best flavors of Baskin Robbins ice cream ?
Ans: There are some yummy and amazing flavors of the ice cream, those are as follows- Strawberry Cheesecake, Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Gold Medal Ribbon, Jamoca Almond Fudge, Vanilla, Cherries Jubilee, Cotton Candy.
Q. What is the minimum investment to take the franchise ?
Ans: If you want to take BR Kiosk then you have to invest approximately 11 lakh, for BR Parlor you have to invest approximately 13 lakh and for BR Lounge it is approximately 18 lakh.
Q. What are the documents required to start ice cream franchise ?
Ans: The documents required to start an ice cream franchise include a business plan, Standard franchise agreement, FSSAI Licence, GST registration, Rental agreement PAN and Aadhar card details:
Q. What is the royalty fee for a Baskin Robbins franchise ?
Ans: The royalty fee for a Baskin Robbins franchise is 6% of the monthly gross revenue. And it may vary depending on the location so to get more information contact to the company’s team.
Q. What are the career opportunities in Baskin Robbins ?
Ans: Baskin Robbins offers franchise models. It is one of the great offers for people who can take franchise and earn. There are 3 types of franchise options are available and you can go to any of them as per your choice.
Q. What is the Baskin Robbins Franchise Cost in India ?
Ans: The Baskin-Robbins franchise cost varies depending on many factors such as location, size of the store, and local market conditions. Here are some estimated costs:
- Franchise Fee: $25,000
- Initial investment: $93,550 to $401,800
- Liquid Cash Requirement: $100,000
- Royalty Fee: 5.9% of gross sales
- Advertising Fee: 5% of gross sales
Q. What is the length of Baskin Robbins franchise term ?
Ans: The length of the franchise term is 20 years. There is conditional renewal for extra 10 years only if all the company requirements are fulfilled by the franchise.
Q. What kind of support they provide to their franchisees ?
Ans: Baskin Robbins Ice Cream provides its franchisees with support in areas such as site selection, store design, staff training, supply chain management, and marketing.
Q. How long does it take to open a Baskin Robbins franchise in India ?
Ans: It typically takes 2 to 3 months to open a franchise from the time the franchise agreement is signed.
Q. Can I open a Baskin Robbins (Ice Cream) franchise in a mall or shopping center ?
Ans: Yes, Baskin Robbins allows its franchisees to open outlets in malls and shopping centers.
Q. What licenses do I need to obtain for opening a Ice Cream franchise?
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog article on Baskin Robbins Franchise Cost in India. For additional useful articles like this, keep visiting YMW Solutions.
The contents, services, and information offered on this website are given “as is” and “as available” without any explicit or implied warranties or representations. The sole purpose of the YMW Solution blogs is to have instructive discussions about business, startups, and franchises. Only broad informational purposes are served by the content and information provided here. Before relying on the information to make any legal, financial, or business decisions, consult a specialist.
You should only use this material at your own risk. The website’s misleading, erroneous, or incomplete information is not the responsibility of YMW Solution. Despite all efforts to guarantee that the content on this website is current, pertinent, and correct. YMW Solution disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy, usefulness, and completeness of the information, products, services or associated images on the website for any reason.